fbpx

Sanitation Worker Dies While Cleaning Sewer In Delhi

Sanitation Worker Dies While Cleaning Sewer In Delhi

A case was registered on the complaint of a labour against private contractor.1New Delhi: 

A 24-year-old sanitation worker died and another suffered from suffocation after they inhaled toxic fumes while cleaning a deep sewer in Shahdara on Sunday, police said.

Ravi died in the incident that took place near a BSES office at the CBD ground in Karkardooma, police said.

They added that Sanjay (35), who suffered from suffocation, is undergoing treatment at a local hospital.

Police said a private contractor had engaged five workers, including Ravi and Sanjay, to clean a 15 feet deep sewer. The work to clean it was given by the Delhi Development Authority (DDA), they said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *